Tuesday, March 2, 2010

FOOD: IDEAS ROLL OUT

For this week, Maren has planned-

Yesterday: Honey-spiced Pork Tenderloin, asparagus, and stuffing
Tonight: Chops on Top from Kraft foods (long-time family fave with apples and carrots)
Tomorrow: Hoppin' John (Black-eyed peas with Turkey sausage)
Thursday: Sticky Chicken drumsticks, some kind of potato, and zucchini?
Friday: A Tex-Mex Pork chop recipe (to finish the family pack), texas caviar (with some of those black-eyed peas), and some chips.
Saturday: NO IDEAS Yet!

To our readers who couldn't care less about our menu, we send our apologies. For some reason, posting the plans helps Maren maintain the excitement of cooking every day. This seems to be the one area of homemaking that she can potentially excel at. (It certainly isn't cleaning!)

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm just wishing for some recipes!

Brad Cupit said...

any chance we can upgrade that Turkey Sausage to a Beef Sausage? :-)

Stacy Hutchinson said...

I'm so bad about planning ahead.We eat the same things over and over. You've given me some motivation to change up our menu a bit. Eating at home has so many benefits. Good for you!

hkobeal said...

Don't y'all end up with tons of leftovers? If I made this much food, we'd end up throwing it out!

I read an article once that suggested that we just plan dinners through Wednesday. Then leave Thurs.-Fri. open for leftovers or a cheap pizza or cold cereal or scrambled eggs. Something easy. Sometimes I have actually done that . . . (mostly not).

Tamar and Trevor said...

I am a huge fan of menu planning...it is the only way we eat around here since there is zero budget for eating out. I would love to have your beef and brocoli recipe. I also have a blog that I love to get ideas from. www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com Her ideas are easy and I have yet to try something that I have not liked (just a warning her desserts are REALLY good) Happy planning!

Meredith said...

Mar: I was just thinking of you when reading my blogs for the morning. Have you checked out Money Saving Mom? http://moneysavingmom.com/wp-content/w3tc/pgcache/moneysavingmom.com/ I don't coupon much, but this one still helps out quite a bit. Now, for me to follow your lead and throw together some plans too! If only that favorite restaurant wasn't just sooo close :)