Wednesday, July 2, 2008

PARENTS PROMOTE CRANKINESS

In a drastic turn of events Sunday night, two parents asked their kids to "get cranky!" Of course, it was all in preparation for a delicious dessert to be accompanied by a glass of water or milk...no whine on the menu.

The formula for cranky bliss is as follows (thanks Patti!):

In a 9" deep pie dish crust (from the frozen section, of course!), mix:

1 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp sugar

Peel, core, and slice 4-6 yellow delicious apples and place in pie crust. Pile the apples higher than the piecrust; when they bake, they will fall into the crust. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the apples.


In a separate bowl, combine: 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 stick butter. Roll the mixture between your hands until little balls form.
The parents in our feature were not daring enough to let the children mix this topping, but they were permitted to drop the ball topping over the apples to form the top crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until golden brown.

5 comments:

pjtemple said...

Awesome!!! I love that recipe!! Makes me want to run to the store right now and get the ingredients!

museumeg said...

Love the puns! Love apple pie even more!

thecaillouets said...

i loved the pie. thanks so much for the reciepie. i am going to make it for the fourth. i am so excited to have it again. i'm making that and yummy cinnimon rasin bread pudding

jessica & co. said...

Yum...Fat Baby is flipping out over that recipe...I will pick up the stuff on the way home and try it at my 4th of July BBQ.

Nicole E. said...

I can't believe you have that crank things in your kitchen toys. I have no such thing. I might need to get to target to get me one...not that I will ever use it though.