Sunday, January 13, 2008

FATHER FEARS FUTURE

Several evenings ago in the Cupit house, family story time was underway. The book of choice for the night was a new truck book, a Christmas present from Aunt Jane. Things were moving along. The children were taking turns peeking in the windows of the interactive pages. On the last page, the book instructs the reader to match a picture of a real person to the correct truck. For example, there is a picture of a female police officer that matches a police emergency truck. One of the pictures features a fireman. Laurel pointed to his picture and said, "He's cute!" Brad perked up in a flash. "What did she say?!?" He admitted that he did not like the way that made him feel. The teenage years are going to be rough on him. Thank goodness that's more than a few years down the road.

8 comments:

pjtemple said...

Too cute!! I love it !!

Nicole E. said...

That is awesome! Does she like High School Musical yet? If not, keep her away from it b/c then she will surely be hooked on Trey like Lia is!

Heather said...

WOW - that is hilarious!!! You guys are going to be in big trouble :-)

Stacy Hutchinson said...

That's a classic moment you'll never forget. Watch out boys, here come Laurel!

jessica and bart said...

that is hilarious. our kids sure grow up way too fast.

Happy said...

Hi Maren, I love your blog! You are such a great writer and have such a great style! I especially love that last entry.
So listen to this: I was looking on the blog of one of my MTC elders who lives in your state. I noticed the names Steve and Kathy Fowler and since I know a couple by that name, I clicked on their blog (not the same couple I know). I then saw the names Troy and Lexi on that blog and thought, "hey wait, those names are on my friend Sarah's blog (who lives here). Then I realized she is from LA and they must know the same people! Sure enough I saw Sarah's name and then, your name!, listed on Lexi's blog! And then on your blog saw Steve and Kathy! Oh the connections!! How funny!

Jeni said...

I'm sure Aaron echoes that sentiment. He's going put Calyn in braces, even if she doesn't need them:)

Margo said...

It is frightening, I do concur! I need to call you soon